The following phone numbers and websites might be useful for students:
- To find out what’s happening in Oxford at the moment, check out Daily Info and the Oxford Gazette.
- For great student deals, check out Student Beans.
- If you’re travelling around Oxford, you might need the Oxford Bus Company. Alternatively, you can call the following taxi companies:
001 Taxis: (01865) 240 000
Royal Cars: (01865) 778 866
ABC Taxis: (01865) 770 077
- If you’re travelling to and from Oxford by train, you can check rail timetables at the National Rail enquiries site. The main operators in and out of Oxford are First Great Western and Cross Country Trains.
- Oxford is connected to London by the Oxford Tube, to Heathrow and Gatwick by the airline bus and to other main sites by the Stagecoach Bus.
- You can access the homepage of the Bodleian library here, the catalogue OLIS here and the database catalogue OxLip here.
- To find university staff, check out the contact search page here.
- The Careers Service can be accessed here, or you can drop in for a visit at 56 Banbury Road.
- The home page of OUCS, the university computing service, can be found here. You can find out what IT courses OUCS are offering and sign up here.
- The nexus webmail can be accessed here and the student self service website here.
- On the Oxford University Student Union website, you can find information about upcoming events (including Fresher’s Fair), volunteering opportunities, vacancies and career opportunities, academic affairs and student welfare.
- Students might also be interested to read about Sport at Oxford and the Oxford Union.